Monday, September 10, 2007

Wasatch 100

Every summer my Dad and Mom have helped out at the Wasatch 100. It is a race from Kaysville to Midway all through the mountains.
My Dad operates the ham radio at Aunt Knolls which is at mile 80.2. I went to help aid the runners. We fill them up on water or give them some Ramen noodle soup.



We stay up all night because runners are coming in all night. It gets busy from about 3:30 to 8:00. It is a lot of work, they keep a pretty close eye on the runners, the trail isn't easy most of them take a tumble or two
This is the view of the aid station from where I camped, my mom helped me set up my tent (even though I never used it). It is a really bad road to get up here. There is 8 miles of dirt road that takes about 90 minutes. I am proud to say I drove up all by myself!

I got the opportunity to help "pace" a guy just to the next aid station, which is only 3 miles away. His name was Phil and he is from Wisconsin. I think he entertained me more than I helped him. I wish I could have gone he whole way but it was neat to see what they go through, well about 1/33 anyway!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: