Wednesday, October 10, 2007

St George Marathon






Last Friday Juli and I drove down to St. George to run the St. George Marathon. On the way we stopped at Ikea then we met Lloyd in St.
George. We had our pre marathon meal at the Olive Garden (OG) after we picked up our race bibs! We got up at 3:45 yo get on the busses at a decent time. Once we got to the Starting Line there was a little bit of waiting time, there were a lot of fires to keep us warm.



Juli and I ran together until Veyo volcano which is a big hill, then she took off. The run was beautiful! There was always a pretty scene. The elevation drop helped me get a new Personal Record and I finally broke my four hour barrier! My finishing time was 3:52. Which for me is really good.

My Mom and Dad came down to watch the finish and stayed the day! Juli and I had painted our toenails the night before (a marathon ritual)! We went to a movie, then Coldstone for some ice cream. On Sunday we stopped at Snow Canyon for a quick hike and at the Mountain Meadow Massacer site. We also saw some petrogliphs outside of Parowan that were really interesting!

We were so stuffed after our icecream!

Thanks everyone for helping me have such a wonderful weekend! I had a great time!

2 comments:

pappy said...

People who run marathon's are nut gobs.

pappy said...

I meant Job's. I used the wrong index finger.