Saturday, July 26, 2008

Welcome G. K.

On Wednesday morning Patrick took me to the hospital to be induced.
Traffic was terrible, it almost took us an hour to get there but they still had a room ready and waiting for us.  
This was Patrick and I before the labor pains started. When I went in I was dialated to a 3+ and 80% effaced.  They started me on the pitosin at about 8:45, at 10:30 I was dialated to a 6, and at 11:30 I was dialated to a 9. So it went really really fast. Which was really good and a little bad because the epidural didn't really get a chance to catch up with the contractions. Well it did work on my left side but my right hurt really bad. At Noon the nurse, Janean (she was amazing) came in to check me and she said I was at a 10 and we were going to do some "practice pushes". My doctor was on lunch but would check in she said. He came at about 12:20 and didn't look really serious so I wasn't worried until he checked the baby and put on his gown. Then I was pretty freaked out. 
Garrison Kalvin Lowder was born at 12:35P.M.  He weighed 7 pounds and 3 ounces. He was 19 and a half inches long.  He has the most adorable cry that I have ever heard. I think it is still too hard to tell who he looks more like, he is beautiful.  He loves his Daddy!  

Patrick gave him his first bath and I think everyone on the floor heard his screaming. 
Garrison has big hands and feet like his Daddy. 
I love my Boys!
The whole experience just went by so fast I can't believe that he is really here. 
Thanks everyone for making this such an amazing experience and sharing it with us. 
We are new at this whole parent thing, and it has been fun to hear everyones stories. 
We feel spoiled and I think that G.K. will be spoiled too, but I heard that you can't spoil a baby.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats to you both! We are so happy for you guys and can not wait to come meet your little guy!

Christian and Karen Robinson said...

Congratulations! He is such a sweetheart!! You will love parenthood! There is nothing else like it!! And it's true - you can't spoil a newborn - cuddle and snuggle as muh as you want; before you know it, they'll be jumping off your lap and running away from you!!

Jenn and Brandon said...

Oh my gosh! We love GK! I only took one picture of him when we came to see you at the hospital so we have to come out and get more pics so I can blog about my cute "godbaby." Congrats!

The Barkers said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful experience, minus the pain. He is very beautiful! Best of luck!

Carina said...

Congratulations, GK is adorable. Let me know if you need anything, I'm not that far away.

Bethie said...

He is beautiful!!!! Boys can be beautiful too, I think so:) congrats on your sweet baby boy. I know you did great on the whole delivery thing-- good job!!!

Enjoy every moment with him and your sweet hubby too:)