Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Last year of "Youth"

Well I am officially 29 years old. I just LOVE my Birthday and I had so much fun, it may have been more of GK's birthday, but his birthday was more for me so I thought it was only fair! We had a party with my Mom & Dad on Sunday night. Wendi's family and Randal were so sweet to encourage my indulgence. My Dad made my favorite-his grilled salmon, and there was so much good food and delicious cake and ice cream. I will have to get some pictures from Wendi. On the morning of The big day we started the morning out right with cupcakes for breakfast.
We took Patrick his sunglasses he had left in the car and he took us to lunch at the Olive Garden. I love that place. Then it was off to the Discovery Gateway center. GK loved this place, I think he needs to be around kids a little more because he seemed more interested in them at first. He loved the small town, they have a construction zone, a house with a lawn-mower, a post man, a few police cars, a park area, a farm, a small store, and a water area. His fav. was the park area, it was for kids 3 & under and they had some slides and toys that were just his size.
Then we headed to the state capitol, I really wanted to see the U.S.S. Utah. It was sunk in the Pearl Harbor attack. Patrick and I saw the sight when we went there a few years back. I don't know what I was thinking, I thought they would have a huge replica of the ship there or something. There were mostly just pictures and only a few artifacts. I was a little disappointed with the exhibit, but the building is so beautiful. It brought back a lot of memories of prom. My Mom met up with us here and we walked around for a bit. Then we went to the O.C. Tanner building (use to be the Hansen Planetarium-where Patrick & I went on our first date!) They spent 24 million in remodeling. It was a beautiful building but honestly I can't tell the difference between that and the jewelry at Wal-mart!
We walked over to the Lion House Pantry for a quick treat. I wanted to go on the tours but we had run out of time. The girl that worked there gave me a free cookie for my birthday! Then we headed home. That drive was the only nap poor GK got all day, he was so tired he fell asleep within about 2 blocks.
Jenn, Brandon, and their nephew Boston came to Pirate Island with us to celebrate my birthday! It was decorated SO cute! Patrick was worried about the swine flu but it seemed pretty clean. The food was okay we just got the pizza because most people around us were eating that. So we ate and played games all night! It was so fun to have Boston there. I hope he had fun!

Thanks everyone for the Super Fun Birthday!!

2 comments:

Juli said...

THAT's why you weren't home when we called... ;o) Sounds like you had a busy and FUN day... just wish we could have been there! Happy Birthday Baby Sis!!!!

Mannly Painting Warranty said...

Sounds like you had such an awesome birthday! Wahoo! Congrats on making it 29 years! Happy Birthday!