Thursday, May 20, 2010

Motherhood = Gross

There are a lot things I have learned about being a Mom. First off, don't drink the water when it is bad. I need to find a way to stop GK from drinking the bath water. But recently I have experienced a lot of mess. The spitting up never bothered me much. Toys are fun to put away, because they are fun to watch Gk get them out. Two days ago Gk dumped out an entire (travel size) bottle of baby powder onto the couch.
But yesterday my poor little boy had diarrhea and threw up for the first time. I have worried about this for a long time. I don't know how to clean that up!~ But I was surprised with how calm I was, I really didn't want to scare the poor boy. I hate throwing up and I know it isn't fun. Well it has continued, he has thrown up 3 times today and still has really runny diarrhea (I know is there any other kind!) A few things I am grateful for while I have been experiencing this is:
1. That I can be home with GK. I love every second even when it is gross.
2. I am glad that I usually wear my hair in a bun (really came in handy when GK threw up down my back this morning).
&
3. I am SO happy we have a wood floor in GK's room. Clean up is a lot easier.
But I think the grossest thing comes from my first baby! D'Ohgee tries to help me clean up the mess. So I get it cleaned up as fast as I can. I still don't know how you would get it out of carpet.
Let's hope I don't have to find out.

3 comments:

Juli said...

Awwwwwhhhhhhhh. Crap. He got it. I hope you don't get it. Now I feel horrible!!!!!!!!!

The Barkers said...

The joys of motherhood. I am always surprised at how calm I can handle the grossest things just because I'm the mom. Of course, just when I think i've dealt with the grossest or messiest thing, my kids prove me wrong. Good luck!

Carina said...

Ugh!! Throw up is gross, and I should learn and put my hair up more. Siena throws up a lot when she gets upset and there have been a few times it's been all over in my hair and I've had to totally shower to get it out. How are you? I haven't bumped into you for a while. We really should get together soon!