Monday, June 23, 2008

Astle Family Reunion


This weekend we went up to Grover Wyoming for the Aslte family reunion. Every 3 years our family is in charge and we took it to an extreme this year. We had no running water
but thank heavens Jason has some connections for the Port-o-Potties!



We had lots of fun activities planned. We had a zip line that worked really well. We had a shooting range. And we just played lots of games. The kids got to make a Sheriff's hat, and everyone got in on the watermelon eating contest! There was even a bubble gum blowing contest.This four-wheelin' ride  got me into a lot of trouble, but it was really fun. I think the ride in the truck was more bumpy. Patrick took it really slow. The canyon was beautiful.It was Patrick's Mom's birthday while we were there. What a fun way to spend your birthday! All of her kids know how much she like to go "haunting" so they planned a few outings for the birthday girl. Jason and C'aira's boyfriend were the culprits. Patrick knew all along and was "pretending" to act scared when I heard he fell really hard on his back. It is still hurting him.
My Mom and Dad came up to cook some dutch oven for everyone. It was delicious! They made chicken, spare ribs and 2 kinds of potatoes. It was really fun for me to have them there. I don't get to see them as much as I'd like to. My Dad can sleep anywhere (really!). I think this is his heaven.
These kids were full of mischief! They sure are adorable though! 
They were really good helper all weekend!
This watermelon was so yummy! I couldn't stop eating it. I think I swallowed a watermelon seed because my stomach is all bloated. J/K I think everyone joined in the contest, even those who don't like watermelon.
We had a lot of fun. At the end of the day we had an auction, and got a chance to talk a lot about Norma and Ralph Astle, Patrick's Moms parents. It's amazing the legacy that parents have on their children and their grandchildren. It was fun for me to learn more about them and some of the rituals and traditions that were made a long time ago and a lot are still being done by their kids and grandkids still. It make a little anxious and excited to know that Patrick and I will be in charge of carrying out these and our own family traditions soon. 

No comments: