Monday, September 15, 2008

G.K.'s Blessing

Patrick blessed G.K at church yesterday

Patrick and I thought he'd be screaming the whole time.
He was a really good baby during the blessing.
He still didn't quite make it all the way through sacrament meeting. He was a hungry boy.
It was weird to sit on the cushiony seats, even when we get to church on time we sit in the back.


Patrick really did a good job with the blessing. Even with all the baby blessings he's done I think it was different for him to bless his own son.  I'm so grateful Patrick is a worthy priesthood holder and can give his family so many blessings. 
He is truly an amazing husband, I know I don't tell him that enough.

I tried to share my testimony during the meeting, but I'm just not an eloquent speaker.
I am so grateful for everyone coming all the way down to share in our little families special day. We have had so many people be supportive while we were getting ready to start our family and now that G.K. is here we can feel the love people have for us.
I'm grateful to my mom, she was an amazing mother, and Patrick's mom has taught me a lot in the past 9 years that I've known her. I love you guys thanks or the examples.
It is so nice to know that there are so many people that support us.


After the blessing we had a little get together at our place.
There was so much yummy food! Thanks everyone for bringing something to share.
(Mikayla, Gavin, Mike, Brooklyn, and Tarese)
Everyone was helping out to get ready.  Parker, Mike and Tarese's oldest was helping me fill up this huge water pitcher in the sink. He told me that it looked like it was leaking but I didn't really pay attention, it was filling up slowly, but it was filling up. When it was full I went to find someone to lift it up for me and when I went back it wasn't as full. The spout was open. That was my little lesson for the day, I need to listen a little better.
(Lyndsey and Patrick's Mom)
Inside people were watching football while waiting for the food. Mostly because the flies and  bees were swarming outside. They were trying so hard to get in. This morning I woke up to flies buzzing around my head. They drive me crazy! I've officially killed 4 though. My aim is getting better even though my reflexes are still slow!
(Juli, Kaycee, Jodi, and Dane)
(Carson, Michelle, McKell, and Paxton)
The grill was a little smokey, I think some of the charcoals got wet so it was a smokehouse bbq.
Patrick, Patrick's Dad, and Garret)
It is tradition in Patrick's family to give the baby a taste of ice cream on their blessing day.
I'm not sure how much he liked it, he doesn't show his emotions a whole lot. But if he's anything like me he'll be able to down a pint in less than 5 minutes.
After Patrick gave G.K. an ice cream mustache, it was pretty cute, but that he knew he didn't like.
We had so much fun. It was really good to get to hang out with everyone.
We can't wait to see what an amazing little boy G K will be. He has blessed our lives so much already. I never knew having a child would change our lives so much! I'm glad we waited, I think the timing was perfect for us. He has truly brought an amazing spirit with him. I hope I can always feel it. It warms our home.

3 comments:

The Barkers said...

What a special day for G.K. How fun it must be to have so many family and friends near by to celebrate with. Congratulations at such a great milestone G.K.!

Juli said...

Awwwhhh... bummer we missed the ice cream, TOO CUTE!! BTW..LOVE the pic of G.K. smiling - I think that is the best one of him yet, must have been after tasting ice cream eh??? My kind of kid!!

Michelle said...

Heidi, congratulations on a beautiful baby boy! I am so happy for both you and Patrick.