Sunday, June 21, 2009

RAGNAR 188

This weekend I ran in the Wasatch Back Relay. Juli has some friends that put together a team and they were a lot of fun to run with. Our team name was We Sold Our Soles To The Devil. One person couldn't run because she was sick so we were only 11 people instead of 12 doing the relay. It went 188 miles from Logan to Park City. It was so pretty. Juli and I were in van 1 with Laurie, Jeff, Ed, and Krista. It is always fun getting to know new people. The weather was pretty hot on Friday. I ran up Avon Pass (Juli got to run down!) and it was gorgeous!  Then as van 2 was running we waited at Snow Basin and ate and tried to rest in the weeds of the parking lot:> Then we ran in the middle of the night and that was my favorite run. I was running pretty fast for me and I made a friend. His name was John from Roy and we kept passing each other and we had a sprint to the finish.. he won but I had a ball! We had to drive to South Summit High School to sleep (on the gym floor!) and we waited for the other van, well we were waiting at the wrong place so they had to wait just a minute for us to backtrack a little bit. My last leg was only 2.5 miles so I ran Juli's 3.1 so she could pick up the longer run for the other van. It was pouring rain, but I loved it. The only part I didn't like was waiting for traffic on the main street in Heber. After we were done we went to eat at Squatters in Park City and waited for the other van to finish. We were caught in a terrential downpour. I felt so bad for all the families and kids waiting. They were all wet and freezing. It was fun to run across the finish line as a team! I had a great experience! My back has been killing me so thanks advil for helping me run!
 

 

1 comment:

Rebecca Leigh Hall said...

Heidi you put Jenn and I with our Sad Sally 5K run to shame! Congrats on finishing it, but there was never any doubt in my mind you would do aMaZiNG!