Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Farm & The Hunt

It is now a tradition that every year we spend the first weekend in November up in Beautiful Lewiston. Jenn is from Lewiston, her parents are so gracious to let us crash there. They are so generous to share their home with us. They also feed us such good food. We are so spoiled! Brandon and Patrick get to hunt on some farms because of Jenn's Dad. So we really get the royal treatment.
On Friday night we had dinner and they boys had to run some errands (hunting license & making sure Brandon's workers had everything they needed) so Jenn, CeCille, and I got our craft on! We Mod Podge'd some wooden blocks for Christmas!

025.JPG.jpg

I didn't wake up early enough to see the boys off before they went hunting. Jenn went to get her hair done and Cecille and I took G.K. to the farm. It was so much fun. G.K. and I loved it. The cows were so cute. I just love cows. I think we have a special bond because I don't eat them and they can sense that. Jenn's brother owns a dairy farm so there are cows that are babies, pregnant, and milking. Garrick was so sweet to answer all of my questions. I had a lot, my only experience with farming is on Farmville on Facebook.

These are some of the best behaved kids, and some of the smartest I've ever met. They taught me a lot about cows. I never knew what a heffer was, only you didn't want to be called one. They were so cute with G.K. showing him everything. I think a farm is a great place to grow up. They are really hard workers.
The cows were kind of scared of G.K. but the horses were really friendly. I was holding G.K. up to them and he was petting them and even put his head on the horses nose. It was so cute. He pointed to the horses eye and said Eye. Usually what he says is so random but he know what he was saying.
We went back and met up with the hunters who had seen a lot of bids but only shot one. CeCille made us a yummy lunch and Patrick and Brandon took Kyle out to go shooting. I think was as much a treat for Patrick and Brandon as it was for Kyle. They shot a few targets but Garrick (Jenn's bro that has the farm) needed some pidgin's "taken care of". So they had a blast! Boys love to shoot things. Jenn and I played with a marble game for at least an hour. It was really a lot of fun, I think I need to write to Santa for one.
On the way home we went to Firehouse Pizza. It was so yummy, and of course we all ate way too much.
Posted by Picasa
We had a great weekend! Thanks everyone for being so hospitable and welcoming us again!

2 comments:

Jenn and Brandon said...

I love our traditions! I wish I would have been with you guys when you went to the farm...GK was so brave!

And I think Santa needs to get you...I mean GK...a marble set.Ü

Garrick, Holly & fam. said...

We sure loved having you come to farm. Rachel was laughing that you said our kids were the best behaved. Garrick and the kids loved answering your questions and playing with GK.

Holly