Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hand Dipping!

Every one in Patrick's family always talks about the times when they use to dip chocolates. I have never seen it or been invited, I have tasted some of the caramels, centers, and even had some of the chocolates. This year Vickie really felt she needed to pass the trade on and I was so excited. First Michelle and Vickie made the centers: penuche, mint, rum (artificial & real), cherry, orange, lemon, and caramel. I think I may be forgetting some... Then we all got together and rolled them into little balls. They are so good plain, I ate way more than Vickie knew.
The room, the chocolate, the centers all have to be at a certain temp. It was really a lot of fun! I had an inch of chocolate all over my whole hand. I ate it off, I think 3 different times. DON'T worry, I washed my hands really really good in between. I was not very good at writing the letters on top of the chocolates. Vickie is really good at it. I need a lot more practice.
Patrick was so good to watch GK all weekend for me. I thought it would take Saturday morning and afternoon. (On Saturday night we had our annual trip to the Old Spaghetti Factory, it was so good and I wish I had taken pictures because Jason, Adam, and Patrick had gone to Cabela's and bought the same style shirt. It was really cute!) But we were dipping all day Sunday too. It is really hard work, your back gets pretty tired from leaning over. I had chocolate everywhere! I was a mess. I am so glad we did it, I hope we continue dipping!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: