Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Vegas Half

I am so lucky!! I got to go to Vegas with an awesome group of fun girls and we all ran the Rock 'N Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon. We drove down on Saturday morning and had a fun ride. I think we covered every topic there is. When we got there we had to hurray and get our packets from Mandalay Bay. The place was a zoo. The NFR Rodeo competition was the same weekend and Mandalay Bay had a Cowboy Convention there too. It was fun to pick out the ones going to the Running expo vs. the cowboy expo. It took us 45 minutes to get out of the parking garage. We headed to the Venetian to make sure they still had our reservation because last time we all shared a room they lost it and it was not good! We went to dinner at Olive Garden, I've never had better breadsticks!
Here we are all trying to unwind and relax so we could get some rest!

The morning of the race. Before
Vegas is the best place to run. The half went up the strip one side and down the other. There was SO much to look at. There were a lot of flying Elvis's, fireworks, bands, and a lot of interesting people to watch. I think my favorite people to watch are all the bride and grooms. They actually have a run through wedding chapel! I think that is so cool. They don't wear full on wedding attire some just had the veil on the bride and the groom was wearing a bow-tie. Seriously I never got bored. My friend got a charlie horse so I walked the last little bit with her, I really didn't want the race to end!
It was nice to come home. I missed my boys a lot! Thanks again Patrick!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad things are going so well for you, Heidi! Your little boy is adorable.