Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hawaii Part 1

For our 10 year anniversary Patrick and I had talked about getting away. He asked his work if we could use their condo in Maui and we made it happen! Jenn and Brandon had been planning on taking a trip for a while, so we decided to make it a date! We really did a lot. I think we saw the whole island and a lot of different beaches. We had the best "Shave Ice" on the island, the best ice cream at Lappert's, and the World's best banana bread ( I think I've had better but it was really good!) all in the first few days there!
Patrick's Birthday was on the 18th, So we boarded a boat out to Lana'i. That has to be the highlight if the whole trip. Not only was it one of Hawaii's top ten beaches, it wasn't crowded, the snorkeling was great, there was an Eddie Bauer photo shoot going on, whales breaching not too far off, but there were dolphins!! We got to swim with about 30 dolphins, I think they were spinner dolphins but it was beautiful!
That night we went to Bubba Gumps for dinner, they had Patrick dance on the chair for his birthday... Thanks Jenn!
We took the Journey up to Hana. We saw lots of waterfalls and so much beauty!! We stopped at a darling little town called Ke'anae. It had really cool lava rocks and the waves splashed up practically on some back yards! We put our feet in a black sand beach and saw some lava tubes. The didn't even stop in Hana, we went straight to the Venus pools. It is a really fun place to cliff dive. Jenn wasn't feeling well and I promised my mother-in-law I wouldn't jump off any cliffs so it was just the boys. I think they enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Jenn and Brandon said...

Can we go back? I'm already losing my Hawaii tan... That was SO much fun! Also, as a side note to the readers--don't climb the banyan tree--it's not allowed.