Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bentley Ann

Last Wednesday I went to the dr. for my weekly check-up. I was sure that I was still dilated to a 3 and I'd wait and have the induction scheduled. But the dr. said I was at a 5 and he sent me down to labor & delivery! Patrick got there really fast, but there was still a bit of waiting. They broke my water at 1:00 and we had our beautiful baby girl at 4:26. The epidural slowed me down a little but I only felt 1 contraction (and it wasn't very bad). The whole process was amazing. It didn't seem real.
There has been some debate over the name. Patrick really likes Piper, and I really like Bentley. We went back and forth for months really but on her birth day I knew she was Bentley. Patrick almost changed it without telling me (he filled out the paper work)! But his conscience got the better of him and we changed it back to Bentley. But Patrick still calls her Piper and that is fine with me. They have a special bond!
Bentley Ann
6 lbs. 12 oz.
19 1/2"

She is such an angel and we are so happy that she is well and healthy.
We only stayed 1 night in the hospital because I was a little antsy to get home to GK. I missed him so much even though the rest would have been nice I'm glad we went home a little early.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats! she is precious!

The Barkers said...

Such a beautiful girl! I;m so happy everything worked out so nice for you. Bentley is so lucky to come to your family.