Friday, July 16, 2010

S'mores!!

I really miss having our fire pit. I didn't realize how much we used it. Patrick bought these monstrous marshmallows and I really wanted s'mores. So Jenn & I planned on taking the dogs up the canyon, making tin-foil dinners and roasting marshmallows. Well we didn't get the dogs up there but everything else worked out perfectly! It was so fun, I wish we could do this every night. I would be huge though, I couldn't stop eating s'mores!

Patrick was on coal duty, we really wanted a fire but Patrick insisted that coals would be better because we didn't have enough time for the whole fire experience. He was right but it just doesn't feel right.
The dinners were delicious!
The s'mores were really good, but the marshmallows were actually too big and I usually eat 2 marshmallows per s'more. We had some strawberry marshmallows too but they're not as good as the original.
GK had so much fun! Patrick & Brandon kept going into the "forest" to get more sticks and he would love to follow and play with them. They both would take him to the river and throw rocks in (why is that SO fascinating??). Jenn would take him for little walks over the bridge, he loves bridges! It was so much fun. I can't wait until we go again.. I got some coconut covered marshmallows to try out but they might be gone.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenn and Brandon said...

We seriously have to do that more! I love being in the canyon and I absolutely love s'mores! Thanks for a fun night.