Friday, May 27, 2011

Ogden Marathon

I have been trying for a while to get into the Ogden Marathon. It is such a pretty course and it sells out really fast. I finally got in this year and I have been so excited.
My Mom helped me take the kids on the front-runner up to Ogden to the expo to pick up my packet. It was a really fun trip.
At the expo I got my leg taped for my "shin splints" and we got ice cream that is made by a tractor (which was really yummy)! We also got lunch at this cute little shop in the middle of the train stop in Ogden. It was really good too!
The race was okay, I hadn't run in 2 weeks because of my left leg. I had caught a cold the day before so I was really achey. I didn't take my watch. My ipod didn't work. I thought they'd have shot blocks but they had shot gu's. It was a really hard race for me mentally but I'm so glad I got in and I'm so glad that I finished. My time was 4:35 (could have been a lot worse!)
My sweet parents came out to see me finish. I'm so glad they did. I don't know what I'd do without them! Thanks Mom & Dad!!Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are impressive Heidi! I'm not sure if I would ever want to train for a full marathon. You go girl - keep up the runnin'!!!