Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Weekend Stay-Cation

 We had such a fun Memorial Day weekend. It didn't all go quite as we planned it but we had a lot of fun! On Friday evening we were planning on going to the Jordan Walkway with Jenn & Brandon. Patrick and Brandon couldn't get away from work so Aunt Michelle came over with McKell and we ate some lollipops thanks to The Peppermint Place~ G.K. was so sweet to share his sticky sucker with Aunt Shell! We did go for a short bike ride but G.K. was screaming in the bike trailer. It was past his bed time and we took the sucker away. 

 
On Saturday I went for a run with Dave up to City Creek Canyon, we took the trail and I forgot how much I liked it. My Mom came too and she walked around the Capitol. It was such a beautiful morning! I will learn to take my camera. In the afternoon we went to play tennis at the Middle School. I really suck, Jenn has only played a couple of times and she is really good. Don't let her fool you! It started to rain and G.K. was tired of being in the Pack 'n Play so Jenn and I played with him.. i.e we took pictures of him! On Saturday night Patrick and I took G.K. to Won Won Wok for some sushi~

 
On Sunday we went to church but we only made it for sacrement meeting, we went home and had a relaxing afternoon. I harvested some Strawberries! The first of the season! Brandon and Jenn came over because we wanted to do a test run camping with G.K. We had planned to set up the tents in the back yard and see how well it went. We had hot dogs and hamburgers and Jenn brought some yummy dips w/ chips. We were all stuffedwhen it started pouring rain! G.K. was so tired so we just put him in his bed. It did clear up when we were eating our S'Mores over the barbeque-er. We contemplated setting up the tents and grabbing G.K. but I think we were all too tired for that. So between the dogs being restless all night and the fridge making noises, no one got any sleep, we should have set up the tents!  I guess we did test out camping: eating way too much and not getting any sleep, but at leat G.K. got a good nights sleep.

 
Then since Jenn & Brandon just couldn't get enough of us we decided to go to Park City for some shopping! We went to Main street for Lunch and remembered why we don't shop there. Our lunch was $40 and it wasn't any good! So we went to the Outlets where I love to shop. They had some really great sales. We didn't need anything but it was sure fun to go shopping! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenn and Brandon said...

Let's have another weekend like that. . .I hate going back to work after that.