Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Wild Week!


This last week has been so fun! On Saturday night Jenn and I won tickets to Wicked! I really didn't think we were going to. There were so many people there. It would take about 2 hours each trip and it was the 9th time trying. But it was SO worth it. Patrick and Brandon were such troopers to come and help us win! They have been so supportive (even though they think we are totally crazy!). Patrick's Mom was so sweet to watch G.K. for us. They went up to see Grandma Pat! Patrick and Brandon had a really good time at the Sky Box at Gateway. You know you are getting old when you get sore from playing air hockey!

On Wednesday night we went to a Showcase Concert at the U. Patrick works for Peterson Homes and the owner is Leon Peterson, he is a huge supporter of the School of Music at the U of U. He was the d.j. and did a really good job. All the music was beautiful! My favorite was probably the pianists because it was so much fun to watch all the emotion that the artist shows. I love listening to classical music but it is nothing like watching it. To see how it makes them happy and sad was really cool. Patrick really liked the orchestra performances and I could totally see why. They had a student conductor and he was so entertaining to watch. There was a quote that I really liked, "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." ~Plato

Yesterday we went to Jenn and Brandon's. I know shocking!! Jenn and I went to Gardner Village to do some shopping and Patrick and Brandon worked a little. Then we went to dinner at Winger's because we haven't been there in a long time. We went back to the Muir's house and were going to play some dominoes but The 'Burbs was on so we watched that. It was so fun! We just love hanging out with those guys!!

And to top off this past week. Our Wal*Mart has opened!! It has already changed my life. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun week! I especially love all you said about the music--there is nothing like watching it and actually seeing a musician at work, putting all their heart in it. You might just have to give me some connections to the U of U guy :)

Aaron/Kami said...

I am so jealous of you getting tickets to WICKED!!!! I bet it was awesome!

Amy Piller said...

My brother use to work for Perterson homes, does Patrick know a Scott Richins? I am also excited for the WalMart although I havn't been there yet. I did go to Smiths and it is great so many less people:)

Heather and Kade Scott said...

Happy Mothers Day!!