Saturday, June 25, 2011

Every Chickens Worst Nightmare!

Yes, that would be my darling Gk!! Did I mention we got chickens?!?! Well they have been so cute until just recently they've gotten a little bigger and they are really awkward! They could fly out of their make-shift home and I don't really like picking them up. (I've had bad experiences with chickens in the past!) So I send GK out there and he just tortures the poor little animals.
I tried to give the chickens a break by giving Gk a home made popsicle. I had to put them in the deep freeze because he wouldn't leave them alone in the freezer in the house. I really didn't realize how much colder that freezer is. I gave him his treat and it stuck right to his upper lips and fe was freaking out. Telling an almost 3 year old to wait while I get a cup of warm water is futile. He just ripped it right off with half of his upper lip. He didn't care though he just wanted his popsicle, he got pretty mad when I made him wait for me to rinse the blood off!
So as a reward for being such a tough kid I let him play with the chickens. This time outside, and Bentley woke up. Turns out she like the chickens just as much as GK. She would get SO close to them it really surprised me! I don't think we'll get any eggs after how they've been treated but they sure are fun for the kids!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: