Monday, November 10, 2008

The Peppermint Place?


Patrick brought me to The Peppermint Place about 6 years ago. It was an adorable little store tucked away in Alpine. They made lots of candy, the decorated suckers and had their own delicacy of chocolate dipped potato chips. The had a neat observation deck you could watch all the action. 
Ever since Patrick took me there I've dreamed of taking our kids there. So this weekend Patrick was going pheasant hunting because he didn't get enough last weekend. For a special treat I thought GK would like to go see where the candy is made. Now I'm not good with directions so I knew I'd get lost but I couldn't find the building. There was one that looked just like it but it was a mattress store. I drove forever and kept going back to the mattress store I went in and they moved the candy store, you can't watch them make it anymore, and a company out of China bought it so most of the candy is shipped in.
But we went in anyway, it was still really cute, not as much candy as I like but they added a gelato machine, so I'm sure I'll go back. My point in all of this is to not wait. If you wan t go watch the candy being made don't wait to have kids, just go watch it because you might not be able to when you finally have kids. We are planning a trip to the Sweet's factory though if anyone would like to join us!

1 comment:

Bethie said...

it stinks it WAS really cute to watch them make the candy-- I didn't know that they sold the company though?

I tried to find it last year- I nknew where they used to be but when I saw the mattress company sign I jsut figured that they had moved:(