Friday, December 5, 2008

I really know better!



Today I was going to go to the Festival Of Trees with Jenn, but she wasn't feeling well and neither was Gk. We really didn't get much sleep last night with his stuffy nose and sad little cough. So after we took a nap, I decided to try making my Grandma's Peanut Brittle. It is a super easy recipe, and really yummy! Best of all you can just make it in the microwave. Here it is if you wanna try it! 
I cup granular sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
microwave for 3 minutes
add 1 cup peanuts
microwave for 3 minutes
add 1 T butter
1 t vanilla
microwave for 2 minutes 
add 1 t baking soda
pour on cookie sheet/aluminum foil

Pretty easy and you should only dirty one dish so the cleanup is super easy.
Making this really made me miss my Grandma, she was such a good cook and a wonderful woman! Her house always had home made candy and treats. And she let us have pop with lunch.
Anyway I think she really would have laughed at my first attempt...
Oops...
I really know better!

3 comments:

Valery G. said...

This really makes me laugh because just recently I put a can of orange juice in the microwave to defrost it..SPARKS flews. It was pretty scary and lame of my...I know better!!! Love you blog spots. Your son is too cute!!! You look fantastic Heidi.

Aaron/Kami said...

We are laughing with you. That is too funny. Bring you kids to EWS soon... Aaron

The Barkers said...

I've had so many days like that!