Wednesday, December 31, 2008

King's Day 08

MarKaye, DeLane, Braden, Wendi, Dennis, and KateLind
Patrick, Gk, & Heidi
Dad, Dave, and Mom
Dennis, Jackson, Markaye, Jodi, & Dane
Jackson, My Mom, Dave & Gk, Uncle Randal, & Wendi
Riley & Peyton He had his arm around her and it was so cute! Right when I took the pic he took his arm off. He is so funny! 
Love ya Che Chah!
Juli (with brown hair!) & Gk
Kaycee & Riley
What Is King's Day? Have you never heard? My Mom created it a few years ago to help us put Christ and Family first in Christmas but still get the excitement of presents. It is a really good idea. I recommend it 100%! What we do is on Christmas we visit and get together and think about our family and how much we all mean to each other and the great miracle of the season. Not "Oh no! I forgot Juli's present!" or "We don't have time to go to Grandma's house". We get together when we all can, not always at the same time and not always all together on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and we draw names. Then on Martin Luther King Jr. Day (or whatever day works best for us it was December 30th this year!) we get together have a party at Crystal HoT Springs in Honeyville. 
It is so nice to not be rushed to go to another house/party. 
And to not be exhausted from the Holiday hubbub. 
And the kids are really excited about their presents. 
And you get to soak in hot pools and go on a way fun water slide.
(I think I went down that slide 20 times It was freezing but it was so cool because you couldn't see where you were going because of all the steam. My feet are still cold from climbing the stairs) 
It is fun to cash in on some of the after Christmas deals too. 
I could go on and on. We always have the best food and everyones favorite game is the White Elephant present which isn't really a game but it is! So Happy King's Day To You All! 

2 comments:

Juli said...

Awh... those pic's look so cool w/those trees in the background... I didn't take one damn picture!!! So glad you did!!! We'll have to squeeze in a run next time we are in town!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cathy said...

Love the pictures. The ones you took of the Hassans was much better than mine. I love your explanation of King's Day. I'll have to print this!
Happy New Year!
Mom