Friday, March 6, 2009

Iliopsoas

Since I've had G.K. Everything in my life has changed.
He has brought so much joy to our family!
Almost everything has been for the better.
That one little thing that isn't better is this one little muscle.
Okay it's a pretty big muscle. The iliopsoas muscle is your main hip flexor.
And my left one hurts. It has for a long time but I kept ignoring it.
I would justify it because it didn't hurt that bad, and it is in an area that has been through a lot, and nobody wants to hear about it.
But a few weeks ago I ran back to back long runs (which never bothered me before!)
And it did me in, I couldn't even run around the block. Walking would hurt.
So I made the Dr. appointment and of course he was a few weeks out.
But I got in and I'm on the mend. 
So hopefully there will be many races this summer!
I know it is my fault that I am in this mess, not G.K.'s 
He would be worth it if I could never run again....
But I think he will like me better if I can run. It makes me a much happier person!

1 comment:

Kaelyn said...

That's crazy! I have the same problem mainly on my left side I think. What did the Dr. say? Is it just from being pregnant? I've been wondering about it. I haven't gotten back to very much excerise but when I have it has killed. I'm so sorry you are going through that. I hope it gets better quickly!