Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Sunday

 
On Easter Morning we woke up and had a yummy breakfast. G.K. was such a big helper with the waffle mix. Then we found our Easter baskets. (I only got a picture of G.K.'s) The Easter bunny also brought Patrick some shorts and beef jerky, and he brought me a new shirt and an itunes gift card and some candy of course! G.K. got me a cute necklace and bracelet!

We went to church (well sacrament meeting) then we went home to change and to the backyard to fly our new kites that the Easter bunny brought! I learned that I really don't know how to fly a kite without running around like a madman! 

 
Jenn, Brandon, and Yogi came over and brought a yummy Easter dinner. We went to the park to try out the kites then we took a little walk. It was nice because we were all so full. Jenn is so cute she brought eggs for the dogs to have an Easter Egg hunt too! Yogi is really good at cracking the eggs open to get the cheese. D'Ohgee isn't so smart, Jenn opened up most of hers for her. After the dogs hunted we cut out and decorated sugar cookies, but we ate Michelle's cookies because they are so yummy! I have been craving those like crazy and now that Lent is over I was able to enjoy them! We had such a fun Easter. It wasn't too busy but it was a lot of fun. I tried to tell G.K. the meaning of Easter when I put him to bed (it was his bedtime story). I think I need to find a way to keep the true meanings of these Holidays more prominent than the candy, I guess I have a little while before G.K. will really understand. But if anyone has any ideas let me know!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather and Kade Scott said...

He is so cute and getting so big!

Jenn and Brandon said...

We had so much fun on Easter! Except we have got to cut that sugar cookie recipe in half because I think I've eaten every cookie we brought home!