Monday, September 14, 2009

Ophir

When Patrick went hunting this last spring he told me about this small town called Ophir. I had totally forgotten about it, but I'm glad Patrick didn't. We missed most of church yesterday so we decided to go for a drive and check out this small town. It is on the way to Tooele if you are going the back way, I don't know if that makes any sense. It is seriously a half hour away from our house and it was so pretty! It is all dessert out here then there is this hidden oasis with big trees and a gorgeous canyon.
 
We spent most of our time in this little historic center because we weren't sure what was public and what was private. I can't believe I've never heard of this old mining town before. They have tours on Saturdays and I think we are going to go one time to hear the whole history of this quaint little town.

GK was having so much fun running around. He really wanted to rip the lights out of the ground. There was a tiny bit of traffic but it is a small quiet little town. 

 
I just couldn't get over how beautiful it was here. The rocky cliffs of the canyon were so pretty. I think this would be the best place to have a cabin! Thanks Patrick for showing us this spot! 
On the way home we saw the biggest spider we have ever seen. I wanted to stop and take a picture but I think we ran over it. It was seriously like as big as my fist.

 

2 comments:

Valery G. said...

I need to visit Ophir! Your pictures are gorgeous!!!

barnhiselfamily said...

Sounds like Ophir is the place to visit! I think I will talk Darren into going there! It looks like the perfect place for three boys to play around and explore! Hope everything is going great! CJ