Monday, September 14, 2009

Wasatch & Topaz

On Friday night when Patrick got home from work we went up American Fork Canyon to Aunt Knolls where my Dad helps with the Wasatch 100. It is a foot race where people run 100 miles all up in the mountains. It goes from Farmington area to Midway. I love coming here. It is the roughest road I think I've ever driven on. But it is beautiful! The runners are so nice and inspiring. I wish we could have stayed up and helped but I need a lot of sleep and it's too tempting to stay up all night as the runners come in.
On Saturday we loaded up the car and drove down to Topaz Mountain! We have been there before and loved it. It is just outside of Delta, you can only use your hands and hand tools. I wish we could have used explosives because I think we needed them. Last time we went you could see the topaz all over, the ground shined in the sun with topaz. This time we got totally skunked. Not one full piece of topaz. Vickie is an expert and even she didn't find any. It was still a blast though! G.K. had a riot digging through the dirt and rocks. He was a big helper. We had packed hobo dinners and they were delicious. It was so quiet and pretty, we had so much fun.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: